Monday, January 05, 2009

Thanksgiving in Ofu


A group of friends decided to spend Thanksgiving on the American Samoan islands of Ofu and Olosega. We stayed at the Vaoto Lodge which provided first-rate accommodations and an excellent Thanksgiving feast prepared by the Malae family. Reaching the Manu'a Islands (of which Ofu and Olosega are part) requires a 30 minute plane ride from Pago Pago International Airport to Ofu.

Leaving Tutuila:

The plane is very small, as shown in this picture of passengers and cockpit:

View of Pala Lagoon (which is located in front of my house) from above:

Looking down at Pago Pago Harbor:

'Aunu'u Island with Tutuila in the background:

Once we landed I failed to take a single picture for 3 days, so I must 'borrow' some pictures to show the rest of our vacation. Ofu Beach:

Channel between Ofu and Olosega Islands:

A bridge connects the two islands (photos by Ned):


Ofu Jim and I decided to have some fun. He's a local, so I figured this was safe, right? Demonstrating my style:

Jim:

LTM's dive wasn't as successful:

No comments: