Wednesday, May 06, 2009

A Visitor & Ice Cream

My friend Scott decided to stop by the island during his 3 month South Pacific surf trip. He'd been in Hawaii, Fiji, Australia, New Zealand, and Samoa, so the pressure was on to provide an excellent experience.

We got skunked (twice!) getting into the American Samoa Community College production of the Lion King, which I'm told was excellent (really). We did get great surf the last 3 days, and Scott was able to get in a round of golf on Sunday.

The highlight, as always, was Samu Ice Cream. As the erudite Phil Murphy, the island's resident southerner, once said: "Samu's ice cream is just down right, slap-yo-momma good."

Nothing like partying in a gas station parking lot on a Saturday night. (L to R: Kayla, Voj, Jeremy, Ashley, Scott, Yours Truly, Lisa (hiding), Sarah):

By the way Phil -- I too got the shaft on ordering the Almond Rum. I'll never make that mistake again. Snickers, Rocky Road, and Oreo from here on out.

Speaking of ice cream, tonight I scored 3 boxes of San Francisco's finest -- Mint flavored IT'S IT, one of my all time favorites. Who says you can't get good food on the island?:

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

KS has IT's-IT all the time (ok, well they did back in "the day"). Not that I would know. Cuz I don't eat that stuff. It's bad for you....god, I miss Samu ice cream...